Monday, August 29, 2011

Heart Ache

Often I ask Greg if his heart aches when he watches David learn something new or flash a sweet smile. The look Greg responds with says it all... crazy. But I do love David so much sometimes it causes an actual heart ache, one that I suppose only a mother knows. When I stop, and everything slows down, and I am enjoying our son, there is an ache of love.
I feel it when David is modeling Daddy's behavior... in his chair having a phone conversation

or when I catch David reading in his bed unexpectedly

and when I see a little boy so proud of himself, this time it is because he figured out how to get on the step stool that was left in the family room

especially when I go in one last time to check on David before hitting the pillow myself

and when he thinks he is hiding from is Mama

and then she finds him

and when he babbles away has he plays

These are the things that can cause a Mommy's heart to ache, an ache of love that was never expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment