Thursday, September 26, 2013

He is Listening

On the way to Stroller Strides yesterday this conversation occurred:
David: (from the very back seat as we were going over a set of railroad tracks) Mom - you did not look for trains!
Angie: David you are right - I need to look next time don't I?
David: Yes, you should look - you have to be safe.  We will have to go home if you don't look for trains on our way home from Stroller Strides Mom!  Do you understand?
Angie: Yes, David I understand
David: Ok, what did I say?
Angie: If Mommy does not look for trains on the way home then we have to go home
David: Good Job Mom!

After going to the car wash and pulling into the garage:
Angie: David I want you to pick up your lion and bring him inside
David: I don't want to
Angie: Yes, we just cleaned out our car we are taking it in - pick it up
David: No
Angie: you don't tell Mommy No, pick up your lion
David: But you did not give me choices
Angie: (with a giggle) Your choices are to pick up your lion OR pick up your lion
David: (laughing hard) Mom - that's not how you do it!

Do you think he maybe hears the same patterns when we talk to him...
Do you understand?
What did I say?
Most of the time their are choices involved apparently

How clever he is~!

No comments:

Post a Comment