Well, as a working mom there are things that happen from day to day that you are to busy to enjoy. Even though I work just three days a week my two days with the boys are full of errands and laundry and dishes and cooking and the busy takes over and I don't get to just enjoy these two little gifts.
For Christmas, Greg surprised me with an IPhone - something I had repeatedly told him I did not want, but then changed my mind. I have loved being able to enjoy these last two weeks, home with our boys, doing the simple things I am usually too busy to enjoy. And well I captured much of it on my phone and these simple things can make my heart full of joy! The simple moments, the ones you don't think about, these are the ones you end up wanting to remember!
Enjoying a morning of hanging out in Mama and Daddy's bed...
Happy Happy in the play room sitting up playing by himself!
simple afternoon naps...
A surprise - Mama walked in the family room and found these two "playing ball."
A walk with Mama on a cold winters day...
look at that static from the cold air and stroller!
grocery shopping with these two...
And we even had three date nights this winter break... more than we have had since Adam was born!
Thank you Mimi and Grandpa Ed, Grandad and Gram for taking such good care of our boys so that we can enjoy each other!
The simple - that is what I will strive for this new year - taking time to enjoy the simple day to day acts of being a family of 4!
Yes, it has been a fine Christmas break with family full of fond memories.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandad and Gram