Thursday, October 22, 2015

David's First Field Trip

Today David has his first ever school field trip.  We were a little worried that it may be cancelled because of the weather.  It was muddy and drizzly, but David's teacher believes that children need to be outside as much as possible and so we were still able to have a great time at the pumpkin patch!
The two Ready Rockets in my car said, "It was awesomely fun."  "And it was the best day ever."  as we drove back to school.  I am so glad that I was able to make this first big field trip.

 one silly picture...
 Adam never wants a picture taken, but of course today he requested one because I was only asking David for a picture...

 David's class is divided into teams... they always work in this way having to problem solve together before any decision is reached.  So, on this trip each team had to work together to find a pumpkin they liked best collectively.  To do this they had recording books to write down their observations.




 After each team found their pumpkin the class had to vote on the pumpkin they wanted to take back to school...
 Ms. Beverly had a heavy load to carry for the vote...
 voting time...


 Ms. Jerri recording all of the votes...
 Pumpkin 3 is the Ready Rockets Pumpkin! Yay!
 Now, each child gets to choose their own little pumpkin to take back to school...








 Ready Rockets 2015-2016 - Ms. Beverly was paying for the pumpkins here...


 Now, we have everyone!
 Ready Rockets - So Much Fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun field trip! I'm glad you got to go! That's really neat that they got to pick their own pumpkins. I saw a class at our local pumpkin patch and they already had the pumpkins picked out for them.

    ReplyDelete