Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Big Boy Bath

Our baby boy will turn 7 months old a week from today. We are having a hard time believing that David is already growing out of items. We have packed away numerous outfits, his bouncy chair, and most recently he out grew his baby bath tub. He now takes a bath in the bath tub, but inside of the bath tub we have a smaller inflatable duck bath... David loves being able to splash in the water. When he splashes himself he makes a face, but has not fussed about it yet. Now anytime we turn on water, in the sink, bath tub, or shower, David wants to play.

Daddy helping David into his new bath tub

David splashing with all of his might



wrapped up in his bath robe and slippers
Growing up Angie remembers bath time being special - especially during the winter. Her Dad would give the baths to Angie and her sister. While this was happening Angie's mom would lay their pajamas by the fire and make hot chocolate on the stove. When Angie and her sister got out of the bath their dad would wrap them up in their towels and carry them in by the fire. Their pajamas would be toasty warm by the warmth of the fire. They would quickly get dressed and enjoy a mug of hot chocolate by the fire before bed.

This is such a fond memory of Angie's so tonight she warmed David's pajamas by the fire. However, by the time we got David in them they were not too warm... maybe next time.

7 comments:

  1. The second video is so cute...the face he makes when he splashes himself. I can't believe I forgot to give you the bath seat that Luke used. Oh well, you can't beat a duck bath:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Circumstitions.com Please respect him. Twitter.com/IntactVoices #i2

    ReplyDelete
  3. love seeing them naked , just how nature intended

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such incredibly stupid, stupid, selfish, unnecessary mutilation from some White Americans. http://www.circumstitions.com "HIS Body, HIS Choice!"... how hard is *that* to understand????? #Intactivist I bet they'd rather have grown up orphans in an Oliver Twist orphanage and INTACT (aka uncircumcised/uncut) than with monsters who robbed them of their human rights. I know I would if I were them. What were you thinking?

    ReplyDelete